These cupcakes are incredibly moist (due to the sourcream) & are a big hit at Kids parties :) Instead of gummy bears you could also use starburst fruits, or any jelly-ish lollies (be creative!)
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup caster sugar
1.5 cups self-raising flour
0.5 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp poppy seeds
0.5 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (without the seeds, with the pips & stuff)
Orange juice icing
0.5 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (strained)
4 cups soft icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 175'C
2. Place 24 mini paper baking cases in muffin tins
3. Combine the butter, sugar, flour, eggs & sour cream in a large bowl & beat with an electric whisk until smooth, about 2-3 minutes
4. Stir in the vanilla, poppy seeds & orange juice until well combined.
5. Spoon the batter into cases
6. Bake for 14-16 minutes
7. Remove muffin tray from oven & let cool for 5 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the tray and cool on a rack for 20 minutes
To make the icing
1. Combine orange juice, butter & half the icing sugar in a bowl, beat with electric whisk
2. Gradually add in the remaining icing sugar, & combine until smooth & of spreadable consistency.
(add more icing sugar if too runny)
Spread onto cupcakes, top with gummy bears!
You can also make bigger cupcakes with these (there is a bit of mix left over if you make 24 x babycakes), just add about 5 minutes into the oven baking time.