Friday, May 15, 2009

Badde Manors

http://www.baddemanorscafe.com/
37 Glebe Point Road
Glebe, NSW 2037

Third time that i've come back here, this time brought my girlfriend Wensy & her meat eating boyfriend Ben for some breakfast.

It was about 10am, Rick & I had just done a 7km run, on only a few hours of sleep, so we were starved for some good wholesome food, & this you can find @ Badde Manors :)

We started off with our usual pots of Chai Tea (pots with an 's' because it's so good i want one teapot all to myself!) & Wensy ordered a cup of Indonesian spiced tea.

The Indo tea - wasn't my cup of tea - there was pepper & .. cajun spice in it ? & it was too milky for my liking, quite watery too..

They had upgraded their menu's from black print on white paper, laminated, to a nice three paged fold out of a nice woody brown background - this was much nicer to read off :)



I went with the Eggs Florentine. Two poached eggs on a bed of wilted spinach on english muffin, with roast tomato & roast chat potatoes. I forgot to mention that i liked my eggs extra runny (i ALWAYS forget, i wish places would ask what we would prefer??). There was a good amount of spinach, (too much and the flavor gets overwhelming, especially if they didn't add any flavours), the muffin was soft, not really toasted enough for me (i like my english muffin extra crunchy smothered with butter). The tomato & chat potatoes were a nice addition to everything, & filled me up just enough.


Rick ordered the Oats with cinnamon & banana (since he's on this no-wheat no-dairy detox) so it was made with Soy milk - this made a majorly huge difference. The oats was creamy, and soft, i think honey was mixed through, topped with a few slices of banana (not enough banana me thinks) & with cinnamon sprinkled on top. All in all, this was the best oats i've ever had, & i think i'll be having oats for breakfast this week :)


Wensy chose the Mediterranean Breakfast - i had this last time the review can be found here. She didn't get any olives though - so at the end we told them & they brought us out a mini bowl of FIVE olives. haha Five only!!


Ben got the pesto tomato goats cheese & avocado on toast. This looked to raw & plain to me, also i don't think i'm a fan of pestO? I haven't tried it before but i just seem to think that i wouldn't really like it..

Even coming here three times already, there are other things i want to try on the menu (i haven't eaten lunch here, but i saw a tasty cheese platter i'd like to try out!). I love Glebe, it's such a laid back suburb, parking wasn't too bad for a Weekend morning, & the book shops i adore except we didn't have time to browse today!

6 comments:

Betty @ The Hungry Girl said...

ooh, i can't believe they've changed their menu design! that's huge!

the oats look fantastic! you MUST try the corn fritters next time, they're massive but amazing!

Two fit and fun gals said...

Corn Fritters - Will do :)

Stephcookie said...

Haha I love the name of this place. Those oats look soooo good. Gotta start making my oats with cinnamon and banana on top!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ahh what a trip down memory lane! It's been sooo long since I last visited Badde Manors! I love the booth seating and the food looks great! :)

Forager said...

I used to live in Glebe and really loved that casual village atmosphere. Time to head back and eat at Badde Manors and check out Glebe markets methinks!

John said...

Wow...
Very unique blog.
Fantastic pictures.

I like your blog.

I would like to share information about how to stop global warming.
Please visit:
http://globalgreenview.blogspot.com

Please share this blog to your family and friends. Together we can save our planet for next generation.

Keep blogging.
Keep green and clean.
Thank you for your real participation and
have a nice day.