Thursday, October 8, 2009

Caramel timtam crush tart


Jennifer of jenius has a competition running on her blog (click here), so i thought i'd give it a go!

I made the tart following the instructions on the blog entry, and the filling recipe is as follows:

1 cup brown sugar
1.5 tbs butter
1 tsp vanilla essense
2 tbs plain flour
2 egg yolks
1 cup milk


Mix into a saucepan everything but the milk - really well.

Slowly add the milk whilst beating, until all combined.

Transfer over to the heat, and over medium heat stir until the mixture thickens and is a golden glossy colour.

Leave to cool, and pour into the tart, and topped with crushed timtams.




The winner gets the following:

1 x Julie & Julia Apron
1 x Oven Mitt
1 x Peeler and Grater
1 x Multi Chopper
1 x Recipe Journal
1x Double Pass

& 5 runner ups get a double pass - so fingers crossed for me! xx

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Oohh Betty what a genius you are! Tim Tams! Mmmm... that sounds really good now that it's cold outside and the weather's screaming hot chocolate and sweets!!!

Stephcookie said...

Great stuff Betty :) Tim Tams are my guilty pleasure, I can only imagine how good they would be in a tart! Your pastry crust looks so perfect!

OohLookBel said...

Oh yum, you've created the perfect chocolate tart! Hope you win the comp - I'd enter if I had an even ounce of creativity at the moment (which I don't).