I saw THIS recipe and knew i had to try it out. It was really fun to make, and tasted delicious!!
• 4 thickly sliced bread
• 5 eggs
• ½ cup milk
• 1 tbs Parmesan cheese, finely grated
• A knob of butter
• A stalk of fresh parsley, minced for garnishing
• Freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut a hole in all bread slices. I used a cookie cutter for a perfect round hole but it's really not necessary!
2. In a wide shallow dish, whisk in 1 egg with milk, Parmesan cheese and few cranks of black pepper
3. Soak each slice of bread in the egg mixture until well coated on all sides
4. Set a non-stick pan on medium heat with a knob of butter
5. Once the butter is foamy, lay each piece in the pan for 1 minute
6. Break an egg into each of the bread and let it sit until the bottom of the bread is slightly browned. Take a little peek by lifting the corner of the bread without spilling the egg in the hole
7. Once the eggs are a little firm, flip it over to brown the other side
8. Depends on how you prefer the egg: runny egg, 1-2 minutes while an almost hard yolk takes a good 3+ minutes
As you can see, i made use of the bread rounds as well, they mopped up the rest of the egg mixture and had some time on the fry pan aswell :P
And it wasn't complete without lashings of barbeque sauce !